31 August 2005

Network Marketing 101 - Comfort Zone

I t could be that you now find yourself considering jumping into a networking opportunity. It could be that you have recently joined a team and are in the early stages of learning about your products / services and the details of your biz-op. Or it may be that you have been enrolled for a while but have never felt that you are really "in" the business.

Here's a few questions to consider as we get started here.

I remember being told "the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same things, over and over, and expect different results". Ever heard that one?


When you enrolled, did the person presenting the opportunity explain that you would likely have some stuff to learn about a business of this kind? Did that person tell you that you may need to change some of your old habits, your old beliefs?

I remember being told "the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same things, over and over, and expect different results". Ever heard that one? The irony was this same person would, later in the presentation, tell me how I could start a business of my own within my comfort zone. Hmmm.

A new definition for insanity might be "believing that I can remain the same person, with the same skills I have today, and that I will reap a six-figure income without welcoming meaningful change". A short version of this definition may be spelled,

"L-O-T-T-E-R-Y T-I-C-K-E-T".

Change is a frightening prospect for many people. Yet, if they only realized that if they could adopt even incremental change, they would yield huge dividends. Those that learn to embrace change will be the ones that will create fortunes for themselves. Life, itself, is a condition of continual change governed by forces that we cannot control. We can only control our responses and reactions to what occurs around us. Unfortunately, many people who fear change will actually resist golden opportunities for their success. Too often, they will have not learned the ability to spot unique situations because they are too busy protecting their comfort zone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home