10 January 2008

“But I Could Never Sell!...”

American Chronicle:
"I told her I had been conducting a seminar for a direct selling organization. She wrinkled her nose. “Oh,” she pronounced, “I could never sell.”

This wasn’t the first time I’d heard this. In fact, most people not actually in sales seem to feel this way. I asked her, if she didn’t mind, how would she define “selling”? I was curious as to what it was she felt she could never do.

She frowned in thought. “I don’t know,” she said after a moment. “I guess, maybe, ‘pushing things on other people.’ ”"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Beeman said...

Love this article Dave. This goes back to where I was struggling with Direct sales / Biz Ops a a years or so ago when I basically gave it up.

Sales are the very essence, the very foundation of any company and I mean ANY company. Regardless of what your profession you have to learn to interact with people. To be successful you learn how to recognize a need and then provide a solution to that need or.

Simple example: A school custodian

Need: Keep kids from leaving paper on the floor in the bathroom.

You being the expert in this area research a little about different hand dryers. Knowing this will be an investment for the school you present features and bennifits to the head custodian or possibly the assistant principle.

Nothing to exciting but still it's a basic sales formula of seeing the need, finding a solution and showing how it can improve or fill the need.

Stop by when you can to http://www.homebasedbusinessplus.blogspot.com

Jeff B.

1/12/2008 09:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home