28 November 2007

Don't Send Your Ducks To Eagle School

This is one of my favorite sites. On more than one occassion I have used Josh's site as a springboard to tackle a difficult task, overcome a personal hurdle, or combat my personal procrastination.

Here's a snip of an article shared by Josh featuring another favorite, Jim Rohn.

Motivation Articles, Essays, Tips and Advice:
"The first rule of management is this: don't send your ducks to eagle school. Why? Because it won't work. Good people are found not changed. They can change themselves, but you can't change them. You want good people, you have to find them. If you want motivated people, you have to find them, not motivate them. I picked up a magazine not long ago in New York that had a full-page ad in it for a hotel chain. The first line of the ad read, 'We do not teach our people to be nice.' Now that got my attention. The second line said, 'We hire nice people.' I thought, 'what a cleaver shortcut!'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home